The jig method of fishing came to us from other countries, so over the past 20 years, it is actively gaining popularity among fishermen. The method of jig fishing can be used throughout the year, so it is considered versatile and popular among fishermen.
Spinning for jigging – in order for the fishing to be enjoyable and effective, it is necessary to choose the right rod. The spinning must throw the bait over long distances, quickly respond to the bite and qualitatively hook the fish. The quality of fishing depends not only on the professional skills of the fisherman, but also on the quality of tackle.
Before you buy a spinning rod for jig fishing must be determined:
- throwing range;
- the depth of the body of water;
- current velocity in the river;
- weight of the used jig bait;
- aggressiveness of the wiring.
Catching a jig method requires the fish and spinning sensitivity, as well as benthic wiring, through which you can pick up, feel the moment of contact with the bottom of the bait or at the time of the cool.
REELS FOR JIG FISHING
You can use both inertial and inertia-free reels.
The advantages of an inertia-free reel include:
- A larger bobbin;
- instantaneous stopper for reverse.
For fishing to bring pleasure, and the work of the reel did not fail the bobbin and reel must meet quality standards. Since when you are fishing, as well as the use of braided line increases the load on the reel.
Inertial reels, also worth the fisherman’s attention, it is worth paying attention to the models that can transmit information about the state of the line with the help of the multiplier.
LINE FOR JIGGING
You can use a thin monofilament fishing line. But for jig fishing, it is better to use braided fishing line, as it perfectly withstands loads, does not stretch and does not twist, as it has no memory.
As a jig bait can act, such options:
- spinning bait;
- oscillating bait.
FISHING FOR A CLASSIC METHOD OF JIGGING
In order to catch the method of jigging you need:
- Throw the bait.
- Let it sink to the bottom, when it touches it the line will sag.
- The rod should be held at an angle of 45 degrees above the water level.
- It is necessary to repeat several times 3-4 turns of the reel, after which the bait should sink to the bottom again.
- Due to the fact that the rod is at a 45-degree angle, it is easy to hook. At the moment of the bite, you need to change the angle to 90 degrees. You should not raise it higher, as the rod may not be able to withstand the load.
- If there is no bite on the bait, you can use the method of undermining the bait. It is necessary to raise and lower the rod, changing the position of the bait in the water.
- It is necessary to pay attention to the nibble at the moment of changing the tension of the line, tilt of the end of the rod, vibration.
Thanks to properly selected rigging, as well as professional skills that will come over time due to constant training, as well as the development of speed response to the bite. The method of jig fishing may become the most effective and favorite for the fisherman.